Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically Calculate Price base on USD/MXN value

Hi,

I'm building a dashboard for sales departament and I have some isues trying to calculate dinamucally the current value of the invoice 

We have 3 columns that feed other measures 
1. Cost
2. Price 
3. Income Loss 

and a column that indicates if the client Pay or Not (paid = 1, no paid = 0)
what I want to achieve is to convert this value to USD (currently MXN) but when the Paid status change to 1 (paid) calculate the USD valor (vs MXN) of the day that the status change so it doesnt update anymore just the ones with status = 0 (no paid)

I already bring an API for currency that gives the value of MXN vs USD, just need to figureout how to update and set the formula 

If Paid = 1 Then Cost * USD IF THE USD VALUE INCREASE/ DECREASE IT WONT CHANGE CAUSE IS ALREADY PAID
If Paid = 0 Then Cost * USD THE RESULT WILL VARY BASE ON USD VALUE UNITL THE PAID STATUS CHANGE TO 1 

EduardoCED_0-1658512392261.png

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Not sure it is achievable with your current data. You really need to have the date when the item was paid. Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the date and other details 

EduardoCED_0-1658516108397.png

I just need to set a formula to change the value of 
Costo 
Precio and MU (Income Loss)
based on the value on Paid Column
if Paid is 1 then the measure will calculate Costo * Latest MXN Value 
if Paid is 0 then the measure will vary day by day or whenever the value of the MXN vs Dolar Change

ie.
If today 1 USD = 20.25 MXN the Costo * 20.25 
If today 1 USD = 20.00 MXN then Costo * 20.00
If today 1 USD = 21.00 MXN then Costo * 21.00 but if that row was Paid yesterday It wont multiply by current value but for the one when it change from Paid 0 to 1 
in this case the result will be Costo * 20.00 and the rest of the values that are not paid yed (0) will be differente casue Dolar cost vary

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.