Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Georg
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic x axis - show only January - selected month

PBI dynamic x axis.PNG

Hi Experts,

is there a way to show only January - selected month figures? E.g. I would like to see January - June figures only if June is the selected month (selecting all month January through June is not an option).

Kind regards,

Georg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, 

you could look at creating new measure that specifically looks at the selected filter and takes that as the max date but overrides the filter on the calculate

This is assuming that you have a Dates table for filtering. (if no dates table let me know what you have got) 

ActualToSelectedMonth:=

var MaxDate = MaxDates([DateKey])

return

CALCULATE (
[Actual], ALL('Dates')
DATESYTD ( Dates[Datekey], "01/31" ),
Dates[DateKey] < MaxDate
)

-------

(the DATESYTD will need your month end day and month in there to know when to start from....) have edited to January for now. 

in theory this should replace the current context filter on Month (again assuming it's in the dates table) for [actual] but still using it as a Max filter. 

I've not got the same data as you so I'm hoping the above makes sense and assists.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, 

you could look at creating new measure that specifically looks at the selected filter and takes that as the max date but overrides the filter on the calculate

This is assuming that you have a Dates table for filtering. (if no dates table let me know what you have got) 

ActualToSelectedMonth:=

var MaxDate = MaxDates([DateKey])

return

CALCULATE (
[Actual], ALL('Dates')
DATESYTD ( Dates[Datekey], "01/31" ),
Dates[DateKey] < MaxDate
)

-------

(the DATESYTD will need your month end day and month in there to know when to start from....) have edited to January for now. 

in theory this should replace the current context filter on Month (again assuming it's in the dates table) for [actual] but still using it as a Max filter. 

I've not got the same data as you so I'm hoping the above makes sense and assists.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Georg,

You can create a slicer including Month field, when you select one month, it will shows 

I have the sample data table.

1.PNG

Create a chart, please see the following screenshot.

2.PNG

Finally, you can create a slicer including Month field, when you select Jan, it will show only Jan and corresponding Sales.

Capture11.PNG

If you have other issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

thanks for your answer. I do have already a slicer, the month above the chart. And if I click on Jun, the June value is shown as expected. But this is not what I cant to achieve. In case of selecting Jun, figures from Jan - Jun shall be shown in the chart.

kind regards,

Georg

Hi @Georg,

Got it. As I tested, we are unable to achieve by slicer, When you select Jun, we can ontain the sum of Jan-Jun. But we can't display Jan-Jun in the chart.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.