Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic visual legend

Hello 

Is their a way to do a lengend with a values that come from a slicer. ?
I used a SELECTEDVALUE on a calculated column but it is not refreshed 😕

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

One sample for your reference, please check the following steps as below.

1. dupilicate the fact table, then tranpose and unpivot the table as below. M code for your reference.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("HcipFQAgDETBXlZjAqGavAiO/muAHzNiIrTUtOxzwJQttLnOwag73ODA6y7nHExlPg==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [category = _t, category.1 = _t, category.2 = _t, value = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"category", type text}, {"category.1", type text}, {"category.2", type text}, {"value", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Demoted Headers" = Table.DemoteHeaders(#"Changed Type"),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Demoted Headers",{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type any}}),
    #"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type1"),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Transposed Table", each ([Column1] <> "value")),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Filtered Rows", {"Column1"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Unpivoted Other Columns",{"Attribute"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Column1", "category type"}, {"Value", "category"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

2. Create relationship between tables as below.

relat.PNG

3. To create a measure as below to make the goal achieved.

Measure = 
VAR c =
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'fact table'[value] ),
        USERELATIONSHIP ( 'fact table'[category], 'All'[category] )
    )
VAR c1 =
    CALCULATE (
        USERELATIONSHIP ( 'fact table'[category.1], 'All'[category] )
    )
VAR c2 =
    CALCULATE (
        USERELATIONSHIP ( 'fact table'[category.2], 'All'[category] )
    )
VAR sele =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'All'[category type] )
RETURN
    IF (
        ISBLANK ( sele ),
        BLANK (),
        SWITCH ( sele, "category", c, "category.1", c1, "category.2", c2 )
    )

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-frfei-msft 

Thank you for your response, can you send a pbix example.?

I didn't understand the first step, My fact table is huge. Could this work without afecting the performance ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please get the pbix here.

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft 

My problem is different : the value of the slicer is an element of the legend 
This is my fact table : 

Capture.PNG

I need to create a column on the fact table that represent the legend, here is the formula:

Legend = if('fact1 table'[month] =SELECTEDVALUE(slicer[Colonne 1]) ; 'fact1 table'[month] ;  "Other" )

The problem is that selectedvalue does not refresh the calculated colum. so the legend does not change when I change the slicer.

He is the report:
Capture2.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.