Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vquang92
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic values colums based on selection

Hi,
I have one issue and I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I need calculate age day of items in inventory based on date financial available, up to selected date in filter date and group it on the calcuclated column AGING:

AGING = IF(InventOnhand[AGE] < 121, "0-120", IF(InventOnhand[AGE] < 241, "121-240", IF(InventOnhand[AGE] < 366, "241-365", ">365")))

Like image below, i set default calculate to today and i want to change it to last date of selected month in dashboard. Final result i want is calculate total amount based on age group and show it in chart like next image.
I was try set it in measure and it work but the measure not allow add it to legend of the chart only allow calculated column, and the calculated column is not working on selected month in dashboard.
Any help would be appreciated, or also feel free to tell me provide a simpler solution.
Regards.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @vquang92, I can see your dilemma.

On a strategic level, you can try creating a static lookup table for AGING bands with these columns:

AGING     FromDays    ToDays

0-120          0                 120

121-240      121             240

241-365      241             365

>365          366              999999

And add the AGING column from this static table to the legend.

After that, create a measure to sum up your inventory values by "looking up" Inventory[AGE] in this table using the FILTER function.

You're right, in order to respond to dynamic slicers and filters on the report, you must use a measure and not a calculated column.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @vquang92, I can see your dilemma.

On a strategic level, you can try creating a static lookup table for AGING bands with these columns:

AGING     FromDays    ToDays

0-120          0                 120

121-240      121             240

241-365      241             365

>365          366              999999

And add the AGING column from this static table to the legend.

After that, create a measure to sum up your inventory values by "looking up" Inventory[AGE] in this table using the FILTER function.

You're right, in order to respond to dynamic slicers and filters on the report, you must use a measure and not a calculated column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.