Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic use of textboxes

Textbox.PNG

I need a way to dynamically present the above in a PowerBi Viz . My pain point is on the dynamic use of those two textbxes below each visual . I have over 20 visuals but need to figure out how i can make the two textbox  NB All these three were done in powerpoint so I need to change them to PowerBi . @Stat @Sab @CEB @allan @Greg_Deckler @amitchandak @KellyK 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Did you know you can layer text boxes graphs, cards and other visuals and then group them ?

For Institution training graph consider adding:-

• A text box = Status:
  • A card = to a % measure with red font. In formatting set the catagoty to blank to hide the field name.
  • A card = to status measure with conditional formatting for red or navy based on your rules

The click on View > Selection > and group the 3 items

Copy and paste the group over the Community champions and HLF Fellows graph

View solution in original post

Hi again Sab

A " text box" does what it says on the tin.  It displays static text. You can't display a measure in a text box.

Please consider using a card visual instead as I described = to a % measure with a red font. In formatting set the catagoty to blank to hide the field name. The card will look exactly the same as text box and is the best solution to your problem.

If you MUST use a text box (not recommended) then you can use this trick.

Firstly create a measure e.g.     Greetings = "Hello Pablo Mazvarira!"

Add a text box, click Tittle On, in Tiitle text click the FX > field value > Greetings.

Then shrink the size of the text box.

In summary, don't use a text box to display a measure.  Use a card.

Please click the thumbs up as a thank you for just helping you, and then click resolved if it fixes your problem.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this worked for me .

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Did you know you can layer text boxes graphs, cards and other visuals and then group them ?

For Institution training graph consider adding:-

• A text box = Status:
  • A card = to a % measure with red font. In formatting set the catagoty to blank to hide the field name.
  • A card = to status measure with conditional formatting for red or navy based on your rules

The click on View > Selection > and group the 3 items

Copy and paste the group over the Community champions and HLF Fellows graph

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response but I see you touched on formatting BUT how do I assign a column value to a textbox ?

Did you click the fx button?

Sab
Helper V
Helper V

You can change the textbox background based on your measure value, see below. I don't think you can change textbox font color though!

Sab_0-1634047143758.png

Hi again Sab

A " text box" does what it says on the tin.  It displays static text. You can't display a measure in a text box.

Please consider using a card visual instead as I described = to a % measure with a red font. In formatting set the catagoty to blank to hide the field name. The card will look exactly the same as text box and is the best solution to your problem.

If you MUST use a text box (not recommended) then you can use this trick.

Firstly create a measure e.g.     Greetings = "Hello Pablo Mazvarira!"

Add a text box, click Tittle On, in Tiitle text click the FX > field value > Greetings.

Then shrink the size of the text box.

In summary, don't use a text box to display a measure.  Use a card.

Please click the thumbs up as a thank you for just helping you, and then click resolved if it fixes your problem.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.