Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AishwariyaV
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic titles with multiple slicers

Hi all,

In my report, i have year, quarter, month and YTD/QTD/MTD slicers. I want to calculate dynamic titles according to my slicer selection and when no slicer selection is made, the title should be of max year, max quarter, max month and YTD.

7 REPLIES 7
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share some data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tjlee
Frequent Visitor

This feature is now available for visual components, on the title section, you will see the option to set conditional formatting. There you can write a measure based on what you need on the slicer selections.

s1.PNG

More information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles

judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @AishwariyaV 

*EDITED*

see responses below 

Thanks,

George

The problem is that, I have datas from august 2009 to june 2011. In that case, using max function is not helpful. By default, i.e; when no slicer is selected, it is showing 2011 and december.

You can do a max based on the calendar from your data, rather than max of the date table

@AishwariyaV what you want to show you have to decide that and build the logic around it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@AishwariyaV it is available after April 2019 release, check more details here.  Let me know if you run into any issue or need more help.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.