Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic titles with SSAS Live Connection

Hi community,

I'm trying to use the Conditional Formatting on a visual title with a measure containing a "SELECTEDVALUE". But the problem is that I can't select this measure in the Conditional Formatting title window when I use the SSAS "Live Connection" datasource, it appears grayed (unclickable). If I choose the "Import" method, the same measure works perfectly in the title, I can choose it in the list.

So am I doing something wrong or is it the normal behavior? If it is, I don't understand why it is not possible to do this when I use Live Connection instead of Import, because creating measures is allowed in both methods.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous 

Please check the format in AS model, and you could try to add a new measure in power bi use the same formula.

Dynamic title = "Some text " & SELECTEDVALUE([City_Name];"All cities") & " some text"

4.JPG5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin 

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Expression bound titles right now work only on text measures. 
Please check the format of this measure if it is text.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Thank you for your awnser.

Yes, my expression contains only text. It looks like this :

Dynamic title = "Some text " & SELECTEDVALUE([City_Name];"All cities") & " some text"

hi, @Anonymous 

Please check the format in AS model, and you could try to add a new measure in power bi use the same formula.

4.JPG5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-lili6-msft for this solution! It worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.