Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ogghall
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic title does not list months selected in chronological order

I have a dynamic title that changes with the months selected from either a slicer or from the drill down in the chart. The months when they appear in the title do not appear in chronological order. For example when first 3 months are in title it is "Mar, Feb  Jan" If I also selct April, Apr comes after Jan in title.

How can I get months in title to appear in order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ogghall,

You may take a look at link below.

http://www.excelnaccess.com/concatenatex/

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ogghall,

The CONCATENATEX function can have optional parameters to define the order of the table to use to concatenate values in a string.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft

I am not very experienced with the writing of parameters. How would I write the additional parameters for the sorting  with this as my Concatenatex?

CONCATENATEX(AllButLastSelectedMonth,Paudits[MonthOnly],

Thanks

@ogghall,

You may take a look at link below.

http://www.excelnaccess.com/concatenatex/

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@ogghall,

How is the dynamic title calculated?

ogghall
Frequent Visitor

@RMDNA

The column used to provide the month is a formatted column providing the month which is referencing a column with the entire date in it. dd/mm/yyyy to mmm

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.