Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paolomint
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic timetable

Dear all,

my datetable go from 2012 to 2030.

All the analysis are based on last 3 years (2021-2020-2019).

I'd like to build a model where people should not select the period (for example next year they need to set 2022-2021-2020).

I thought to build another timetable only for these analysis.

For this year 2021 = it start from 01.01.2019 - to 31.12.2021,

automatically on 01.01.2021 it should change in 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2022.

How can I do that?

In your opinion it could be an efficient solution or there are other better ways to manage this issue?

Thank in advance

Paolo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @paolomint ,

Don't know how you have your timetable setup and if it's DAX or M language, however and depending on the way you want to do have the data you can do it in several manners.

• If you want to have all you data in the model and "force" people to see the last 3 years you can add a filter to the report with that:

MFelix_0-1611490714969.png

• Another way is to create a column on your calendar table similar to this one and use this column to filter out the data you need in the report filter.

Analisys Date = IF( Year(Calendar[Date]) >= Year(Today) - 2 && Year(Calendar[Date]) <= Year(Today) ), 1)

• Other option is to change your calendar table adding the following:

DAX CALENDAR TABLE=
FILTER (
    CALENDAR ( "01/01/2012", "31/12/2025" ),
    YEAR ( [Date] )
        >= YEAR ( TODAY () ) - 2
        && YEAR ( [Date] ) <= YEAR ( TODAY () )
)

The filter expression should wrap your calendar syntax

If on the query editor go to your date column and add a filter with the following syntax:

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type2", each Date.IsInPreviousNYears([Date], 2) or Date.IsInCurrentYear([Date]))

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

how do you currently create your table?  you can probably filter out dynamically the dates you dont want, or if you are pulling from sql just write a dynamic query.

In your text filters in power query it should allow you to do relative filtering.  But maybe if you can explain a little more on how you are creating this table currently where is the source?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @paolomint ,

Don't know how you have your timetable setup and if it's DAX or M language, however and depending on the way you want to do have the data you can do it in several manners.

• If you want to have all you data in the model and "force" people to see the last 3 years you can add a filter to the report with that:

MFelix_0-1611490714969.png

• Another way is to create a column on your calendar table similar to this one and use this column to filter out the data you need in the report filter.

Analisys Date = IF( Year(Calendar[Date]) >= Year(Today) - 2 && Year(Calendar[Date]) <= Year(Today) ), 1)

• Other option is to change your calendar table adding the following:

DAX CALENDAR TABLE=
FILTER (
    CALENDAR ( "01/01/2012", "31/12/2025" ),
    YEAR ( [Date] )
        >= YEAR ( TODAY () ) - 2
        && YEAR ( [Date] ) <= YEAR ( TODAY () )
)

The filter expression should wrap your calendar syntax

If on the query editor go to your date column and add a filter with the following syntax:

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type2", each Date.IsInPreviousNYears([Date], 2) or Date.IsInCurrentYear([Date]))

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.