Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dsebba
Regular Visitor

Dynamic time axis in tooltip or drillthrough

I have a time-series line chart with multiple items in Legend.  Let's say the grain of the data is daily, but the x-axis shows an aggregate value by month.

What I really want is to create a tool tip that will show the same chart, but with daily grain, for the 4 week period on either side of the highlighted month.  If the user highligts Feb, then I want to see (rougly) Jan 7 - Feb 28, with daily grain.

If I can't create a tool-tip, then I'd like a drillthrough that does the same thing.  You right-click a point, drillthrough, and see the chart on a new page with daily grain spanning 8 weeks.

I've looked around online, including seing this Guy in a Cube video which is close, but uses a variable date based on the max value of a column in the data, rather than a selection from a hover or drill-through.  I know I can create a date slicer on which the user sets a start and end date, but I'd rather figure out how to "zoom in" on the dates more automatically.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsebba 

You can create a tooltip page.

Capture10.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

I need to know what week periods should be.

"If the user highligts Feb, then I want to see (rougly) Jan 7 - Feb 28, with daily grain"

for example,  4 weeks away 2020/2/1 is 2020/2/1~2020/2/28, 4 weeks before 2020/2/1 is 2020/1/4-2020/1/31

Right? 

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.