Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamic table

Hello all, 

I need some swarm intelligence 🙂

I have a table like this: 

EntityPartnerValue
AB200
AB100
AC200
BA-200
BA-100
BA500
BA-150
CB150
CA

In a Matrix Visual, I have Entity "A" via slicer selection. 

Now I want to click on the Partner "B" in this matrix, and according to this selection see in a second matrix all the posting of the Entity "B" (which is the same as Partner B) with "A" as a Partner. 

hashtag_pete_0-1627978153934.png

First, I wanted to create a dynamic table, but this is not possible I learned. How can this be achieved?

Added note: I already deactivated the Interaction between the slicer and the second matrix.

Thanks for your help!

hashtag_pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@hashtag_pete 
You cannot achieve this if you want to use the cell in matrix 1 as the filter to change matrix 2. 

For your requirement, you could create a distinct table for the partner column, and use it to create another slicer to be used for matrix 2. 

Table 2 = DISTINCT('Table'[Partner])
m2 value measure= CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER('Table',[Entity]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Partner])))
Vpazhenmsft_0-1628139122226.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@hashtag_pete 
You cannot achieve this if you want to use the cell in matrix 1 as the filter to change matrix 2. 

For your requirement, you could create a distinct table for the partner column, and use it to create another slicer to be used for matrix 2. 

Table 2 = DISTINCT('Table'[Partner])
m2 value measure= CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER('Table',[Entity]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Partner])))
Vpazhenmsft_0-1628139122226.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hmm, ok, but how can I display all bookings of B with A, i.e. transforming the

- Partner selection B to an Entity B 

- Entity selection A to Partner A

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hashtag_pete , if both matrix or table entity and partner from the same table/s then it should filter the second table, because of interactions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Hello Amit, 

you are right, I forgot to mention this and added it now: of course I deactivated the interaction between the slicer (that goes on Entity) and the second matrix

This second matrix should display the Value of Partner in Matrix 1 as Entity and Value of Entity of Matrix 1 as Partner

@hashtag_pete , if you deactivate interaction you can not pass the values. Not even to a measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.