Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

darshiw
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic table using selected values from a slicer

Hello,

Is there a way to create a dynamic table in Power BI using the selected values from a slicer?

If I unpack my question, i need to create a dynamic table which lookups rows from another table and it needs to filter rows by the selected values from a slicer.

Any help will be much appreciated...

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @darshiw 

Calculated Tables are created only once at the load time and therefore can not create based on the slicer value .

However, if you want to build a measure on dynamic table created based on slicer this has to be done within the measure.

If you can put sample dat / pbix file in OneDrive / Google Drive and sshare the link it will help.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi CheenuSing,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a data table for all the assignments assigned to each employee. Below is a general sample of data.

For example BR1 is assigned for only 2 PSs (PS1 & PS2). 

Also one PS is assigned to several employees. Ex. PS1 is assigned to 4 employees BR1, BR2, BR3 and BR4.

PS IDASA IDEmp ID
PS1ASA1BR1
PS1ASA2BR2
PS1ASA3BR3
PS1ASA4BR4
PS2ASA5BR5
PS2ASA6BR1
PS2ASA7BR4
PS3ASA8BR2
PS3ASA9BR6
PS3ASA10BR7

I have slicer to select Emp ID. My requirement is, if the user select BR1, the visual should display the records from this table for all the Plans (PSs) associated with BR1. The result should be like below.

PS IDASA IDEmp ID
PS1ASA1BR1
PS1ASA2BR2
PS1ASA3BR3
PS1ASA4BR4
PS2ASA5BR5
PS2ASA6BR1
PS2ASA7BR4

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.