cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic start and end value in line and stacked column chart

Hi All,

Is it possible to have dynamic start and end value in line and stacked column chart?

I have two Y-Axis in chart and I set up start and end value to not have so flat bars but after filtering data amounts changes and bars dissapear.

Maybe there is possibility to make a macro for it or what kind of solution can you propose?

Right now I have two Y-Axis and for bars the start value = 9k and end value = 12k.

Chart before and after filtering.

1.JPG2.JPG

Flat bars chart

3.JPG

Of course it is only example but I'm generally interested in such solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Maskot I put this together, it may or may not be what you are looking for. Basically, create 2 measures:

Below = MINX(ALL('Table'),[Column])

Above = SUM('Table'[Column]) - [Below]

Use a Stacked column and line chart. Put the two measures in your Column values. Set the Below color to the same as your background (white for example). I have attached a PBIX for your review (below sig). It does have the effect of making your column heights more distinctive. But, it also floats them out into space.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maskot ,

Will the methods above meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Icey

Super User IV
Super User IV

@Maskot I put this together, it may or may not be what you are looking for. Basically, create 2 measures:

Below = MINX(ALL('Table'),[Column])

Above = SUM('Table'[Column]) - [Below]

Use a Stacked column and line chart. Put the two measures in your Column values. Set the Below color to the same as your background (white for example). I have attached a PBIX for your review (below sig). It does have the effect of making your column heights more distinctive. But, it also floats them out into space.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Maskot ,

There is no possibility to make the start and end y-axis dinamic one option is to create a measure with a variable value that you place in your chart and blank out that value can be then use to make your visualization always stay within those parameters but be aware that this value needs to be higher than you maximum value you cannot make it lower othewise you will get the same result.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Check out my blog:

Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power BI Women

Join our monthly meetings and learning sessions.

secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors