Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic start and end value in line and stacked column chart

Hi All,

Is it possible to have dynamic start and end value in line and stacked column chart?

I have two Y-Axis in chart and I set up start and end value to not have so flat bars but after filtering data amounts changes and bars dissapear.

Maybe there is possibility to make a macro for it or what kind of solution can you propose?

Right now I have two Y-Axis and for bars the start value = 9k and end value = 12k.

Chart before and after filtering.

1.JPG2.JPG

Flat bars chart

3.JPG

Of course it is only example but I'm generally interested in such solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I put this together, it may or may not be what you are looking for. Basically, create 2 measures:

Below = MINX(ALL('Table'),[Column])

Above = SUM('Table'[Column]) - [Below]

Use a Stacked column and line chart. Put the two measures in your Column values. Set the Below color to the same as your background (white for example). I have attached a PBIX for your review (below sig). It does have the effect of making your column heights more distinctive. But, it also floats them out into space.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Will the methods above meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Icey

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I put this together, it may or may not be what you are looking for. Basically, create 2 measures:

Below = MINX(ALL('Table'),[Column])

Above = SUM('Table'[Column]) - [Below]

Use a Stacked column and line chart. Put the two measures in your Column values. Set the Below color to the same as your background (white for example). I have attached a PBIX for your review (below sig). It does have the effect of making your column heights more distinctive. But, it also floats them out into space.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

There is no possibility to make the start and end y-axis dinamic one option is to create a measure with a variable value that you place in your chart and blank out that value can be then use to make your visualization always stay within those parameters but be aware that this value needs to be higher than you maximum value you cannot make it lower othewise you will get the same result.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.