Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

A_Miller
Regular Visitor

Dynamic sort of items in stacked chart

Good morning,

I am new to Power BI, but have some experience with PowerPivot use. I have been searching the forum for an answer and I am not sure if I am looking for the right questions, but here is my problem.

I work in a tire manufacturing facility that assigns a barcode to every tire produced. When a tire is scrapped, we have a list of all the production details as well as the scrap reason in terms of a three digit code (ie, 41, 112, 60, etc).

I have created a stacked column chart, but I would like to sort this chart, dynamically, based on the count of values for each code. When I put this in a table, I can sort, but when I move it back to a chart the X-Axis goes back to numerically. My chart has reason codes on the X-Axis and the count of distinct barcodes for the Y-Axis.

Can someone help point me to an article or a solution that will change the sorting? I am trying RankX, but am struggling to get the ordering column to work properly.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

1 REPLY 1
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Not used this myself but here are examples of changing chart axis dynamically

http://tinylizard.com/dynamically-changing-chart-axis/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OWNaCUU0o

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.