Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic sort by column based on fiscal year

Hi 

I have 4 companies with 2 different fiscal years between them.  I have created a report which filters on the company field (using report level filter).  The order of the months on trend graphs will need to change dependant on the fiscal year end of the company selected.  

I have created a measure which extracts the company selected (Measure1).  I have created a new column in my month order table (Month Order), using this measure in an if statement to determine the order of the months (based on fiscal year end of the company selected).  However, the value of the measure is not pulled through to the month order table.

Measure1 = if(CONTAINS('Consolidated Group','Consolidated Group'[Company],"COMPANY 1"),1,2)

Month Order = if([Measure1]=1,'Month Order Table'[Month Order Base]+1,'Month Order Table'[Month Order Base])

If COMPANY 2 is selected, the Measure value in the Month Order formula does not change.  The Measure appears to remain as 1, no matter what is company is selected.  (However, if I create a card visual and pull in the Measure, it shows the change in value when a different company is selected. )

Would greatly appreciate assistance.  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a similar thread in which a workaround is mentioned. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a similar thread in which a workaround is mentioned. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, I used some of these suggestions to solve my problem

bsas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi,

I had similar problem when I needed to show different total APM and APM when choosing one of the territory. For this I used:

APM when territory selected:
APM_ter = IF(ISFILTERED(Terriroty[Territory]) && DISTINCTCOUNT(Terriroty[Territory]) =1, SUM('Territory Goals'[FactAPM]), BLANK())
APM when all are selected:
total APM = IF(ISFILTERED(Terriroty[Territory]) && DISTINCTCOUNT(Terriroty[Territory]) =2, (SUM('Territory Goals'[TotalFactApm])/2), BLANK())

1 and 2 this is state of slicer. 1 - selected one of the terrritory, 2 - all selected.

Then apply this measures as values in your chart. You can combine it into 1 if needed. Hope this will help you to find out how to change your measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.