Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hyperchef1969
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamic slicer for changing data in more than one table

Hi,

In one tab, I built to tables. One for MTD data and one for YTD data. For selecting 'early', 'late', 'on time' or 'on time and early' I build a slicer table which selects the correct value in the table. This is working OK now for MTD table.

OTD_Inbound_Rev1 (UC) - Power BI Desktop_2019-01-29_10-16-27.png

I used this calculation:

Measure Selection =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time and early" ,[MTD % On time or early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time",[MTD % On time],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Early",[MTD % Early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Late",[MTD % Late],
BLANK())

Now I want that the YTD table reacts on the same slicer. Now it is hard connted to 'YTD % on time', but I want it to be variable dependent on the slicer. Question is if this can be integrated into the same slicer or do I need to build a seperate slicer which connects to YTD percentages? Preferable on slicer which changes data in both tables.

Thanks in advance for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hyperchef1969,

Actually, it is not necessary to create another slicer to work on it. What you need do is adding different result you want.

Measure Selection =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time and early" ,[YTD % On time or early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time",[YTD % On time],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Early",[YTD % Early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Late",[YTD % Late],
BLANK())

If I misunderstood you, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hyperchef1969,

Actually, it is not necessary to create another slicer to work on it. What you need do is adding different result you want.

Measure Selection =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time and early" ,[YTD % On time or early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "On time",[YTD % On time],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Early",[YTD % Early],
VALUES(OTD_slicer_table[OTD_category]) = "Late",[YTD % Late],
BLANK())

If I misunderstood you, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Hyperchef1969,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.