Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic relationship

Hello All,

I Have a blocking point preventing me from finishing my report.

I have a query getting a table contains many columns with information about different sites ex(requesting site, requested site, reached site,..)

all of the columns in the main table are brought by SQL query joining the main table with table called Sites, I have for each tab in the report information regarding the requesting site, another tab showing information about the requested site, I've loaded only sites table as it's and created a site filter, but the issue that I can't create a relationship on many columns from the main table to only one column in sites table, I'm able only to create only one relationship between those two tables. but I want the same filter to be synced with all tabs in the report, if the user from the first tab filter for "site 1" and the first tab showing info about requesting site and when the user moves to the second tab I want to keep the sites filter to be also on "site 1" but on the different relation based on requested site. how this can be done?, except for the option that I have to load table sites multiple times with different names and I'll be able to create relationships as I want, but when filtering I want to use only 1 filter object synced with all report tabs with a dynamic relationship

3 REPLIES 3
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous,

You can create inactive relationships for the additional columns. Then, create a measure for each site type that uses USERELATIONSHIP and specify the particular relationship to use.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-userelationship-in-dax/ 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply, but I don't need a measure I need to filter based on different relationships

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would need same funcionality. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.