Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vixignus
Regular Visitor

Dynamic ranking based on columns (dimensions)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the top advertisements or placements from digital marketing data based on different metrics like clicks, impressions, CTR(click through rate), etc. Below is the data I have:

AdvertisementPlacementClicksImpressionsCTR
Ad 1Pl 1100200000.50%
Ad 1Pl 2200222220.90%
Ad 1Pl 3150187500.80%
Ad 2Pl 47557691.30%
Ad 2Pl 56050001.20%
Ad 2Pl 65550001.10%

There are 2 slicers - one to select (Advertisement or Placement) and other to select (Clicks, Impressions or CTR). Based what is selected in the 2 slicers, I would like to see the ranked table of values with 2 columns one for dimension selected (Ad or placement) other for metrics selected (Clicks, Impressions or CTR). I have seen other examples for ranking in the forum, but none of them seem to address this particular problem.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@vixignus ,

You may try Unpivot Columns in Query Editor first.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft  Yes, That is the first step. However, I am unable to figure what should I be doing next. Could you please help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.