Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rippuz
Regular Visitor

Dynamic pre-select filter (but modifiable). Ex: list of years with current year preselected

Hi,

what I'm trying to achieve is this (better with an example).

1) Display a filter or better a chicklet with a list of years.

2) The current year should be already selected (and should dynamically change the 1st of every year)

3) User should be able to change the selected year (in the same filter/chiclet.

So far I was only able to manage this with 2 filters:

1) Display a filter with a list of years

2) display a filter with a calculated field "Current year = yes"

but to change year I have to

3) De-select Current year = yes

4) select the desired year in the other filter

Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Thanks!

Lorenzo

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rippuz,

Currently, there is no option to set default value for a Slicer currently. But if you select some value on slicer and save it, that only shows while loading initially.

If you have any concern on this feature, you can vote the idea here and add your comments there to improve this feature for Power BI and make it coming sooner.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

Hi Charlie Liao,

I have voted the idea in the link you suggested: it's exactly what I need. As a workaround I am saving the reports with some filters pre selected (so my problem is limited to "current month" "current year" ecc..).

Thanks,

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rippuz,

Currently, there is no option to set default value for a Slicer currently. But if you select some value on slicer and save it, that only shows while loading initially.

If you have any concern on this feature, you can vote the idea here and add your comments there to improve this feature for Power BI and make it coming sooner.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie Liao,

I have voted the idea in the link you suggested: it's exactly what I need. As a workaround I am saving the reports with some filters pre selected (so my problem is limited to "current month" "current year" ecc..).

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.