Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slackerhx
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic paragraphs with calculated measures

Hi, 

i got stuck in trying to create a dynamic paragraph where some of the values are a result of calculated measure. My measure for paragraph is as below: 

Workplace text = "The total employees for " & VALUES('Sheet1'[Address]) & " is " & max('Sheet1'[Employee]) & ". The rent per employee per annum is " & [Rent/Employee] & "."

where [Rent/Employee] = calculate(divide(sum('Sheet1'[Total Rent]),sum('Sheet1'[Employee])),'Sheet1'[Employee]>0)

I am wondering what DAX function should i use to enable the conversion from number to text. 

Additionally, i'm not sure if its possible to highlight those dynamic values only in visual cards. For eg. 

The total employees for 8 Baker Street is 21. The rent per employee per annum is $2,000

Appreciate if any of you can help on the above. 

Thanks !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @slackerhx ,

That's because the VALUES returns a table while the result of a measure should be scala value. You can replace it with MIN, MAX. If you'd like all of them, you can use dax/concatenatex-function-dax to concatenate the values together.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slackerhx ,

Why would you like a DAX function to convert the number to text?

Regarding your second requirement, I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, 

I'm currently unable to project the results in the dynamic paragraph that i'm constructing. Thus, would like to see if there is any way to include the results of a measure in the dynamic text.

Hi @slackerhx ,

I'm afraid you can't add a measure in the Text Box visual. You need a Card visual instead.

Best Regards,

i'm already using the card visual, but i'm unable to project the result of the measure in the dynamic paragraph measure. i want to know if there is any DAX expression that can enable the result from the measure [Rent/Employee] to be included in the dynamic paragraph. 

I currently don't have issues in projecting column values in a dynamic paragraph measure. 

Hi @slackerhx ,

Can you share some snapshots or a dummy sample? Please refer to the snapshot below. It seems fine.Dynamic-paragraphs-with-calculated-measures

Best Regards,

Hi Dale, 

I've received the error: 

image.png

Hi @slackerhx ,

That's because the VALUES returns a table while the result of a measure should be scala value. You can replace it with MIN, MAX. If you'd like all of them, you can use dax/concatenatex-function-dax to concatenate the values together.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.