Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic organizational hierarchy level access in DQ mode??

Hi Guys,

I'm stuck in a scenario where I need to implement organizational hierarchy level access in the direct query so for I followed  Dynamic Row Level Security with Organizational Hierarchy Power BI

We are using capacity based workspace users around 1000+ global wide, and the business requirement is needed dynamic RLS and he needs to block few rows to few sales reps. To achieve this I should do filter in modelling tab and again I need to assign users to it separately??

ex- few users should not have access to sales amount few categories etc

business is using internal application which is UI based blocking at one place attached the snapshot.

Is there any way of controlling the same way in power bi at one place without adding manually email ids/groups.

kindly provide with the better solution to overcome this sort of scenarios.

Thanks
nagblocking UI.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

business is using internal application which is UI based blocking at one place attached the snapshot.

Is there any way of controlling the same way in power bi at one place without adding manually email ids/groups.

Per my knowledge, such a requirement is not yet supported by Power BI.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gu,

I found an alternate solution I think we need to use security tables manually add users and write Dax formula, my issue is there will be often changes in blocking such type of columns.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Different-approach-to-Dynamic-Row-Level-Security/ba-...

To do it I need to manually manipulate the users and change columns in the security table is it a good idea.

what I'm thinking is create separate reports filter columns publish into the app and create an email group and assign to it. in future if any users need to delt r add we can change in admin user management. does it make sense if you have any better way of doing please suggest?

But all & all Path functions don't support in DQ mode  is there any alternative function replace 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.