Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vladimir_P

Dynamic measure option

Dear Community,

Can someone help me how to create one measure in which I can present different data (e.g. Revenue, Profit, Profit margin) based on the chosen filter?

Filter contains mentioned values (e.g. Revenue, Profit, Profit margin) and by choosing the value, data set should be switched to requested value. Also, we have new currency filter (e.g. $, €...) which needs to be reflected on the same value.

Currently, I’m using DAX and edit relationship on the slicer level to solve it. I’m hoping there is an easier way. Can anyone help, please?
Please find the visual in the picture below.

PBI Community.jpg

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Vladimir_P ,

Instead of using edit relationship, maybe the easiest way would be to set slicer values in new tables.
This way you have clean information what slicer is in which table, how it is connected.

There are great DAX formulas like selectedvalue, all, allselected.. using them you have great power of dealing with selected values.

If this doesn't give you idea of how it should look like, please share screenshot of current model.

Cheers,

Nemanja Andic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Vladimir_P ,

Instead of using edit relationship, maybe the easiest way would be to set slicer values in new tables.
This way you have clean information what slicer is in which table, how it is connected.

There are great DAX formulas like selectedvalue, all, allselected.. using them you have great power of dealing with selected values.

If this doesn't give you idea of how it should look like, please share screenshot of current model.

Cheers,

Nemanja Andic

Hello @nandic,

Thank you very much for the answer provided. I believe it will work but definitely need to test it. I'll let you know the results asap.

Have a nice day!
Vladimir 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.