Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevpuk
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic measure, based on period?

Hi All

So, I have been struggling with how to resolve a problem.

I have a set of data, made up of individual measures on rows, with period in columns (2015-2019)......what I am trying to do is make the value in the 2019 column be a projected/annualised value, rather than the actual 2019 value. This is because some of the data in 2019 is incomplete/placeholder/estimate, so I want 2019 column value to be a refined calculated value instead.

Data table is similar to this:

Capture.PNG......to further complicate, possibly, the rows marked as 'rate' - e.g. Metric 7 Rate - are calculated baseed on other rows' values.

Appreciate any help/guidance 🙂

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kevpuk,

Could you mean to calculate the [Fall] and [Trip] measure with sample data for 2016, 2017, 2018 and use another measure for 2019?

If so, could you have tried with IF function?

Fall = IF(CALCULATE(MAX('sample_data'[Period])<>"2019"),calculate(Sum(sample_data[Value]),sample_data[Metric]="Fall"),0)

(You could replace the 0 in the formula to the measure of calculating "2019")

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kevpuk,

Could you please offer your sample file to have a test and post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I have created a simple sampl .pbix file......on the left hand side of the page are simple matrix visuals, with annual data from 2016-2019......to the right, with red borders around, I have created a couple of simple matrix visuals using measures to provide an 'annualised' view of the current year (simply, item count/days in year * 365).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqSWpWAD-qDBgu1E5Lif9Ne6lMwuvg

What I am trying to achieve is a method to make one visual that - in this case - would show actual numbers for 2016, 2017 and 2018, but would show the annualised value for 2019.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this 🙂

Hi @kevpuk,

Could you mean to calculate the [Fall] and [Trip] measure with sample data for 2016, 2017, 2018 and use another measure for 2019?

If so, could you have tried with IF function?

Fall = IF(CALCULATE(MAX('sample_data'[Period])<>"2019"),calculate(Sum(sample_data[Value]),sample_data[Metric]="Fall"),0)

(You could replace the 0 in the formula to the measure of calculating "2019")

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Hi Daniel

Well, that is elegant, nice and simple - thank-you very much 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.