Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lilianauribe

Dynamic max Value for a gauge graph

Dear community,

I am new to power BI and I have been playing around with a new analys. I have two tables one with actual figures and one with budget and within my table as you can see I have main categories and subcategory and each one of them have an assigned Budget.

Capture.PNG

I would like to use a Gauge graph to show how much of our budget we have consumed. So in the "Maximum value" field I put the information on Budget and what I would like to do is that everytime I select a Main Category or a SUbcategory the Budget also changes accordingly, because so far it is always showing me the Full total Budget and not the allocated budget to a specific category. 

I hope I described my issue correctly

Could you please help me with this? 

Thank you all in advance

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lilianauribe ,

Based on your description, you need to select main/sub category and then achieve the dynamic gauge chart, right? You can create two slicer charts based on the main category column and sub category column and select the categorys in the two slicers.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lilianauribe ,

Based on your description, you need to select main/sub category and then achieve the dynamic gauge chart, right? You can create two slicer charts based on the main category column and sub category column and select the categorys in the two slicers.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.