Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramanathans
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic m query parameter

Hi,

I have created a dataset with a direct query which uses a datetime parameter to filter the recrods. All visuals are working initially.

I then created a new table and bound the column to the parameter (after enabling dynamic query preview feature). When i choose a value from slicer/filter of the newly created column it shows can't display visual and shows the message:  The M parameter 'Parameter name' not defined in model or M parametertype is not valid. I am able to modify the parameter from edit parameters on desktop and everything works as expected.

Only problem is with the dynamic parameter linking. I have done some basic checks, datatype is of supported datetime and the parameter is linked and working on desktop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramanathans ,

Could share your pbix file ?

You could take a look at the official document for reference ,try to follow it step by step and pay attention to the Note part

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hola
Frequent Visitor

did anyone find the solution? I am facing the same problem. My database version is Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8 Apr 29 2021 13:52:20 Copyright (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation 

Do you think this is the problem of this error?

if yes then could anybody let me know any other alternative?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ramanathans 

I am facing the same issue, could you please explain how you could resolve it. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to fix it?

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramanathans ,

Could share your pbix file ?

You could take a look at the official document for reference ,try to follow it step by step and pay attention to the Note part

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

not clear where you see the issue - is this in the workspace, or in the app? What license do you have, and what SKU?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.