Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

liey87
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic longitude and latitude (moving item). Track moving location

Hi, How dynamic point to be view in map/globe/filled map in separate point but in one map? Because currently I'm having the longitude and latitude in SQL table with 3 different device. Example DeviceA, DeviceB and DeviceC. So, in Azure SQL I'm having Column DeviceID, Longitude, Latitude and Address(the current address from Lon & Lat) If I'm getting the data from SQL, the map will have 3 points but it have like 3 pie in every one point. How do it be a single point for every device? I need to show 3 individual points in a single map. And this point will be moving frequently. I see on forum, discussion, tutorial, example, most of them showing static location. I'm having a different situation here. It's like tracking the device location and show on dashboard.
4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@liey87

You can also try with the new introduced feature ArcGIS Maps. Drag your four columns into fields as below. There will be three different color points in a single map.

Dynamic longitude and latitude (moving item). Track moving location_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

This maps look promising. But unfortunately, it require some $$ as for this POC things, nothing much we can do. So, I'm depending on what default and visual gallery have for my project.

But perhaps if you know some other way to view the last dataset (newest) as a single point, it will be much better. Data is sending real-time, so I need to locate it real-time (near is accepted by client) too

@liey87

If there is a datatime column in your dataset, you can create a measure to define the last point size as the biggest in the whole map. The earlier address point size will be blank and not show in the map.

Dynamic longitude and latitude (moving item). Track moving location_1.jpgDynamic longitude and latitude (moving item). Track moving location_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@liey87 Using standard Map visual if I don't have any field on Legend section it will only show one point (bubble) per location.

Capture.JPG

But if I have Legend section filled than each point will be pie representing values from that field. And when doing refresh if data in your table changes it will update map accordingly. Hope that answers your question.

Capture2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.