Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mws5872
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic legend (not axis)

Hi All, I have seen a lot of stuff out there on dynamic axis ( ie. replacing total sales with total expenses or total profit using a switch true statement) 

That is not what I am focused on. What  I am trying to solve for is a process to prevent using a bunch of bookmarks and buttons to show and hide charts. I almost think of having a control table that then has a slicer that has the buttons below in as a filter which controls the legend.legendlegend

for example look at this: 

these are the buttons 

mixmix

that control the visual channel for example

channelchannel

legend example for channel! should be dynamic and allow user to use a drop down list.

this will remove the need or a minatance nightmare with bookmarking.

3 REPLIES 3
JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @mws5872 , did you solve this in the meantime? 

jtranello
Frequent Visitor

Take a look at this blog post: https://prathy.com/2018/12/dynamic-legend-in-power-bi-visual-linechart/

It sounds like that is what you are trying to accomplish. This is the method I have used to create a slicer that my users can use in order to change which level of the hierarchy they will see when looking at a visual.

almost but not quite! it will need to handle groupings fo example we would have channel and there would be two selections. if I picked product it would be a legend for say 4 different products bu the legend itself would be using the product field or the channel field I hope that makes sense!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.