Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fellin
Regular Visitor

Dynamic hierachical x-Axis based on measure value

Hey all,

I want to have a x-axis in a column chart, which automatically drills down to the next level of a ragged hierchay which i slice via the hierachy slicer. Its possible to slice my data via the hierachy slicer and then manually drill down in the column chart to a certain level, but to make it as easy as possible for the user, I want this to be done automatically. 

I have Dimensions Department table which contains my ragged hierachy and a fact table which contains every action as rows. 

I've already tried these things:

1. Create bookmarks to visualize the different levels, but there is no possibilty to trigger an action by a measure or sth else.

2. Create a calculated column which checks if the selected Level,which i can get over a measure, is  the same level as the level of the Department minus 1, but this is not dynamically.

3. When I want to create a measure to check if the level of a certain Department minus 1 is the same as the level selected, but then i get problems, that a measure only exist in the value dimensions and not in collumns.

Is there a possible way to archieve a solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Pbi_newuser2993

My requirement is also the same, is anyone have a solution for this query?

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fellin ,

Sorry that I can't find a good solution to achieve it. Please refer the method in the following links as a workaround:

Slicer and Drill Down in a Chart

Power BI Tutorial | Creating Drill-Down charts using Hierarchy in Power BI

There is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@fellin , Not very clear. When you use columns from the hierarchy on the axis on the column bar visual, it should allow you the option to drill down by clicking on the bar.

refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill

Thank you for your answer. Yes I know that I can manually drill down by clicking on the bar, but what I want is that when the user selects a Department in hierachy slicer, the column chart should automatically display the departments which are one level down the hierachy under the selected department on the x-axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.