Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic grouping in paginated report

I trying to createa dynamic group  in the paginated report rowgroup but keep getting an error (The GroupExpression expression for the tablix 'Tablix2' contains an error: [BC30205] End of statement expected.) - here is  my sample code

=IIF(Parameters!Groupby.Value = "LOCATION", Fields!LOCATION.Value, "DataSet1"),
IIF(Parameters!Groupby.Value = "TCODE", Fields!T_CODE.Value, "DataSet1",
Fields!TK_NAME.Value, "DataSet1"
)

does anyone know what i am missing or what i need to do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> The GroupExpression expression for the tablix 'Tablix2' contains an error: [BC30205] End of statement expected

For this error,

The statement is syntactically complete, but an additional programming element follows the element that completes the statement. A line terminator is required at the end of every statement.

FYI:  End of statement expected - Visual Basic | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> The GroupExpression expression for the tablix 'Tablix2' contains an error: [BC30205] End of statement expected

For this error,

The statement is syntactically complete, but an additional programming element follows the element that completes the statement. A line terminator is required at the end of every statement.

FYI:  End of statement expected - Visual Basic | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.