Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic filtering of reports

I am facing one issue and need help in the same.

I have a report on which rls is implemented.In it all views/tables are connected with userinfo table.

So whenever a user logs in all views get automatically filtered based on user id.

But there is one more view for date on which i cannot take userid column because as soon as i take userid column, in relationship section it tries to create many to many relationship.

Now since date view does not hold user id it is not joined to userinfo table

Because of which this date view is not getting filtered on the bases of user selection.

I need date view also to filtered based on RLS.

Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Honey,

A stable way to set dynamic RLS is to create a new table containing only one column which have unique UPN. Then create UPN columns in other existing tables and buidl a one-mant relationship between created table and other tables. Then create a filter using DAX [UPN Column] = username() on the created table.

Hope it's helpful to you.

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we have one table to implement the same you mentioned.

I am facing another strange issue.To get date table filtered in its relationship link changed type to both.

So now date table is filtering based on user logging in.But it is very strange that it is working fine in desktop but as soon as i publish this on service..it does not work in the same manner. 😞 😞 😞

Hi Honey,

Please check if you have assign those account to your role. In power bi service, click dataset-> security-> RLS.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.