Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dan_yoxall
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic filter not working

Hi

With the below is an snapshot of the first few of lines of data I am trying to create a line graph of [Cost. Reg] against [Date] but filter the date by [Origin] and [Task].

Capture.PNG

I used the below measure and it worked fine (see graph further below).  However I want the [Task] filter to be dynamic.  If I create a slide using the [Task] field and omit the text in bold the filter doesn't appear to work.  Any idea why?

Cumulative Spend to Date (Time Sheet) =
     CALCULATE(
            SUMX ( 'Project Hours Booked', 'Project Hours Booked'[Cost, Reg.]) * MAX('Fee Factor'[Fee Factor]),
                  FILTER(
                         ALL('Project Hours Booked'),
                         'Project Hours Booked'[Date] <= MAX('Project Hours Booked'[Date]) &&
                         'Project Hours Booked'[Origin] = "TIME SHEET" &&
                         OR('Project Hours Booked'[Task] = "1000", OR('Project Hours Booked'[Task] = "1100", 'Project Hours Booked'[Task] = "1200"))
         )
)

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dan_yoxall,

Could you please share the incorrect screenshot for further analysis? Please create a slicer including [Task], and create your measure using the formula, check if it works fine.

CALCULATE(
            SUMX ( 'Project Hours Booked', 'Project Hours Booked'[Cost, Reg.]) * MAX('Fee Factor'[Fee Factor]),
                  FILTER(
                         ALLSELECTED('Project Hours Booked'),
                         'Project Hours Booked'[Origin] = "TIME SHEET" 
         )
)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dan_yoxall
Helper I
Helper I

Realised the first paragraph doesn't make a whole lot of sense!!!  See below corrected version:  

The below is an snapshot of the first few of lines of data I am using to create a line graph of [Cost. Reg] against [Date] which is then filtered by [Origin] and [Task].

Hi @dan_yoxall,

Could you please share the incorrect screenshot for further analysis? Please create a slicer including [Task], and create your measure using the formula, check if it works fine.

CALCULATE(
                  FILTER(
                         ALLSELECTED('Project Hours Booked'),
                         'Project Hours Booked'[Origin] = "TIME SHEET" 
         )
)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia

I used your amended formula with the ALLSELECT function and the slicer now works!

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.