Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

_Xandyr_
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic filter depending on column

Hello,

Im creating a report where I need a visual to filter on a specific column (a date, Today) and this date will change every month and therefore the matrix need to change accordingly.

Below I try to show you what I mean, the input data will change every month but the filter should be based on the column Today and only summarize rows in the Date column after Today. I hope i makes sense.

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @_Xandyr_ ,

Again,please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_Xandyr_ ,

Based on your description, you want to display data after today in chart.
You can create a measure to get today's date:
today = TODAY()

Create another measure to compare dates:
comparison = IF(MAX(F_Sales[date])>[today],1,0)
Then add the comparison result to visual as a filter
test_filter.PNG
You can also refer to this pbix

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft  Hello, thank you for the tips. However the column Today is not todays date but instead the latest date this report was refreshed (my bad with the naming but its the actual name in the report...).

So the column Today will be different each month depending on what day the input data was retrieved. Which means the TODAY() wont work here.

Thanks!

Hi @_Xandyr_ ,

To display the date and time of the refresh, we need to store the date and time of the time refresh run in the model itself so that we can display it in visual.

custom column.PNGdatetime now.PNG

You can refer to the pbix

Best Regards,

Liang

Hi again @V-lianl-msft,

Im not sure Im following. I already have the time of refresh in my column named Today. Then what I want to display in my visuals are data that happens after the date in the column Today.

For example if the column Today says 3rd of december 2019 I only want to show data later than 3rd of december. If the column Today says 7th of december I only want to show data later than 7th of december and so on.

Thanks!

Hi @_Xandyr_ ,

Again,please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,
Liang

@V-lianl-msft  Hi agian,

Thank you for this, should work!

The solution was the following

Create measure like this

Measure = IF(MAX(F_Sales[date])>MAX(F_Sales[Custom]),1,0)
where F_Sales Date = Date in my first post
where F_Sales Custom = Today in my first post.
In your visual add comparison to your filter and check 1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.