Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raja_94
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic connecting Azure data lake gen2

Hi all,

In power bi source connection  there is any feature to pick data dynamically from azure data lake gen2.

for example;

i have one folder in datalake  week1,week2,week3.... it's updated like this every week added one file in the same folder 

what i need once we refresh our power bi that new updated file also need to be add in powerbi.

other wise is there any altrenative solution for this please suggest us.

Thanks,

Raja.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @raja_94 

The steps of getting data from Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 seems like getting data from folder. You will get a dialog box show all files in folder and then you can open the file you want. However each time you can get expand one file from your folder.

For reference: Analyze data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 by using Power BI

Here I suggest you to use Combine function from you folder if all your files has the same format.

1.png

Then you can refresh your combine table by Refresh. Here I load Week3 in my Folder and I click "Refresh" button in red box then we will load the latest data from Week3 to Power BI.

2.png

For reference: Combine files (binaries) in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raja_94 , check this blog should help.

https://medium.com/@wkrzywiec/getting-data-from-the-latest-file-in-a-folder-using-power-query-51dfa4...

As we can read gen2 as a folder similar kind of code should work

it's a weekly process it's not a one time file picking process every week added new data with week number.

now i implemented  power bi dashboard with week1 data next week for same path new file week 2 added automaticlly how can i get week 2 data also for the same existing dashboard is there any way to pick dynamically. 

Hi @raja_94 

The steps of getting data from Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 seems like getting data from folder. You will get a dialog box show all files in folder and then you can open the file you want. However each time you can get expand one file from your folder.

For reference: Analyze data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 by using Power BI

Here I suggest you to use Combine function from you folder if all your files has the same format.

1.png

Then you can refresh your combine table by Refresh. Here I load Week3 in my Folder and I click "Refresh" button in red box then we will load the latest data from Week3 to Power BI.

2.png

For reference: Combine files (binaries) in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.