Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic compensation midpoint line on x-axis

I have a table of data based on Time In Position (TIP) and Total Base Pay Amount. We look at groups of individuals in each position in our company, and I need to visually see who falls at the midpoint and under the minimum point of our salary ranges for each position.

Is there a way to add in a dynamic line on the x-axis showing min and mid points? I tried the x-axis constant and Percentiles methods in Analytics under Visualizations, and that's not what I need.

Below is an example of the data I already have. I just need to add some dynamic lines for the data.

Time In Position by Base Pay.png

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can use measure to show min/max line on analytic tab

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  We tried the min/max lines on the analytic tab, but that shows us a line for the minimum point of data instead of the minimum of our range (the two are separate columns). Ideally, every point of data would be above our minimum of the pay range, as we strive to pay above the minimum of a pay range.

@Anonymous doesn't matter if these are two different column, as far as your measure is returing the correct value it should work, try to check the value of your MEASURE wiht some other visual like table visual to see you are getting correct values.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  I tried the min/max lines again per your suggestion. I'm only seeing the max and min for the top and lowest values (see picture below). I'm looking to display a line that shows the value of our compensation range's midpoint for each job (e.g. for this example, the line should show at $35,200 on the Total Base Pay FTE Amount axis).

Max and Min lines on scatter plot.png

@Anonymous it is all in measure you wrote, and you can surely achieve this but need to tweak the measure, without looking at the data and what measure and relationship, it is very hard to provide the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.