Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic column based on a numeric slicer

I have  numeric Slicer where a number is entered by the dashboard user. This number represents a percentage.  There is an amount value in the dataset. I want to create a new column by  multiply each of the amount values by the value the user enters in the slicer. For example, if the user enters 20, each value in the new column will be amount*20/100. Is it possible to do this? 

Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , try what if parameter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if

Measure = calculate(sum(Table[value])*[whatifmeasure])/100

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can add a series of numbers as a table using GENERATESERIES. 

You can then put that column in a slicer and turn on the single select.

Multiplier = GENERATESERIES(1,1000,1)

Then create a measure to multiply you value by the multiplier:

Product = SUM('Table'[Value]) * SUM('Multiplier'[Value])

Depending on how you want the product output, you can add both the Value and the product in a table. You'll need to set the value to not summarize otherwise it will aggregate your values. OR you could place the second value in a slicer as well if that's what you're after?

Hope that helps!

Kim 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , try what if parameter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if

Measure = calculate(sum(Table[value])*[whatifmeasure])/100

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous yes with a measure

New Measure = 
DIVIDE (
SUM ( Table[Amount] * [What-if parameter value],
100 )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.