Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

spijs
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic colors for filled maps

I want to create a filled map where the colouring is done from green (lowest value) to red (highest value). The values are not static as they dependend on other filters that are applied first. (e.g for one filter value 1 might be the minimum where for a second it could be 1000)

I think previously this was possible using 'conditional formatting' according to this Choroplets MS documentation, but I don't seem to get these options on my Desktop version. I would consider it a quite important missing feature if this was not possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @spijs ,

if you remove a field from Legend section (Fields pane), you will be able to apply dynamic color formatting in Conditional Formatting section:

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MatejZukovic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @spijs ,

conditional formatting location changed after recent Desktop update. You may locate it under 3 dots under Data Colors section now:

Capture.JPG

I don't seem to find these dots or find that 'default color' field. See screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Looks like you've added some field (w/ 0,1 values) into Legend field. If you remove that field from Legend section, you should see the dots.

Best,

Matej

Well actually there are more possiblities than just 0 and 1. I only took a screenshot of a subset of the options as I have in this specific case 14 possible values, but I could have for example 5 with another filter applied. I don't see any blanks or anything like it however, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting exactly.

What I want to have is Power BI to treat the field as a numeric value rather than as a fixed list.

Please let me know if I misinterpreted your solution.

Hi @spijs ,

if you remove a field from Legend section (Fields pane), you will be able to apply dynamic color formatting in Conditional Formatting section:

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.