Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Warhawk
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic change in X Axis

Hi BI Masters!

I'm fairly new in the world of Power BI and came accross a problem that's puzzling me for quite some time now.

I have a table with columns for Country, Region, City and several numerical values. What I want to do is to create a column chart with drilling option - without drilling. 🙂

So I'd have 3 slicers (country, region, store) and several IF THEN options. IF nothing is filtered the chart would show data on country level. If country is filtered it'd show data on region level (for the selected country). If region is filtered it'd show data on city level (for the selected country / region). If city is filtered it'd show data for that one city alone.

My first thought was to create a calculated column that'd copy the values from one of the columns based on the ISFILTERED function but because calculated columns are initialized on data load and not on user interaction it wouldn't work.

So here's my question: is it possible to create something like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Warhawk wrote:

Hi BI Masters!

I'm fairly new in the world of Power BI and came accross a problem that's puzzling me for quite some time now.

I have a table with columns for Country, Region, City and several numerical values. What I want to do is to create a column chart with drilling option - without drilling. 🙂

So I'd have 3 slicers (country, region, store) and several IF THEN options. IF nothing is filtered the chart would show data on country level. If country is filtered it'd show data on region level (for the selected country). If region is filtered it'd show data on city level (for the selected country / region). If city is filtered it'd show data for that one city alone.

My first thought was to create a calculated column that'd copy the values from one of the columns based on the ISFILTERED function but because calculated columns are initialized on data load and not on user interaction it wouldn't work.

@Warhawk

AFAIK, it is not possible at this moment, the X axis won't change without a manually drill down. You can submit your idea at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Warhawk wrote:

Hi BI Masters!

@Warhawk

AFAIK, it is not possible at this moment, the X axis won't change without a manually drill down. You can submit your idea at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.