Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ANKITBISANI
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic calculation of derived measure not happening

Hello All ,

I have Measue A and Measue B which gets drived upon selection of option from the slicer.

I have created meaure C = (Measure A/ Measure B).

Upon selecting different options from the slicer , Measure A and Measure B changes Accordingly .

But Measure C remains constant . Our Requirement is to get Measure C calculated as per changes in Measure A and Measure B.

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello ,

We have resolved the issue but for the information you can refer the link. In the below link I have mentioned all the table and relation.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multiple-calculations-in-DAX/m-p/122796

Regards ,

Ankit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ANKITBISANI,

Could you give us more information about the measures / slicers or attach the model please ?

Thanks,

Tristan

Data & BI consultant at AZEO

Hello ,

I have a multiple choice slicer consist of various values.

Ex.

When I check two options simultaneously , I get a value in measure A and measure B .

Note : Measure A and Measure B both have different definations .

measure A = SUM('Turf_Base '[Weight])       (Measure A has one filter)

Measure B = SUM(Turf_Base_wf [Weight]).    

Measure C defination = measure  A / Measure B and it comes expected.

------

Now suppose I check 3 options in the slicer , then measure  A and  Measure B values changes as expected .

But Measure C retains the same vaue (first selection one), throughout any selection of slicer.

We would want measure C to behave as per the current selections

Regards

Hi @ANKITBISANI,

What's the relationship between your tables(Turf_Base and Turf_Base_wf)? What columns are you using for the Slicers?

Could you post your table structures with some sample data? It's better to share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hello ,

We have resolved the issue but for the information you can refer the link. In the below link I have mentioned all the table and relation.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multiple-calculations-in-DAX/m-p/122796

Regards ,

Ankit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors