Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lano_99
Regular Visitor

Dynamic axis based on hierarchical slicer

Hi,

I have a 3 level hierarchy in my data model with country, state and city. I put that hierarchy in a slicer, and as an x-axis in a bar chart.

However, I would like the bar chart axis to automatically adapt to the user's selection. For example, if the user select a country, then I would like to show states in the bar chart automatically without him having to drill-down. If he choose a state in the slicer, then I would like to show cities as bar chart axis.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lano_99 , As of now that is not feasible, what is you filtering that will become axis or next level become axis

But You can try the field parameter for the Dynamic axis

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-field-parameters-a-quick-way-for-dynamic-visuals-fc4095ae9af...

View solution in original post

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lano_99 

At the moment we don't have a way to automatically drill through the values selected by the slicer, but you can try the new feature to switch the dimensions of the visual.

For how to use the "Field Parameter", you can refer to these ducuments:

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Field Parameters in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sharathkumar_30

Hi Lano,

I am also looking for the same scenario as you mentioned above. 

Can you please guide me how did you achieve this by using field parameters. 

Thankyou 

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lano_99 

At the moment we don't have a way to automatically drill through the values selected by the slicer, but you can try the new feature to switch the dimensions of the visual.

For how to use the "Field Parameter", you can refer to these ducuments:

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Field Parameters in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Field parameters were a good alternative, thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lano_99 , As of now that is not feasible, what is you filtering that will become axis or next level become axis

But You can try the field parameter for the Dynamic axis

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-field-parameters-a-quick-way-for-dynamic-visuals-fc4095ae9af...

Even if it doesn't completely meet my needs, field parameters were a good alternative. Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.