Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JRyan
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Visual Title - Cannot Select Measure

Hi,

I've created a very simple measure:

TestTitle = "test"

And am trying to use this as a dynamic title for a visual, however when I go to the Conditional Formatting options for the Title, I cannot select ANY measure I've created to use as the title.  I can select any column, but measures are all greyed out.

This should have been possible from April 2019, can anyone else do this?

4 REPLIES 4
PSEJR
Frequent Visitor

Just came across this post in the search for a solution to the same challenge, and after figuring out a solution that does not involve having the measure in the shared dataset, I figured I would share that solution here for anyone else who comes across this.

When creating the measure containing you dynamic title, it defaults to data type Decimal Number:

PSEJR_0-1657701387642.png

With that data type, the measure is greyed out:

PSEJR_1-1657701611732.png

However if the data type of the measure is changed to text, it is then possible to chose it:

PSEJR_2-1657701672870.png

PSEJR_3-1657701700264.png

I have tested it on both a live connection to AAS and PBI, and both works.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JRyan , You created a  test measure. So conditional formatting might have been disabled for that.

Create like

Measure =1 and check.

Any way not very clear what you want to achieve here

Ok seems that I've sorted this out now (with the help of a colleague!)

Looks the Measure you create must be in the same pbix as the Dataset, i.e. you cannot create a Measure to use as a dynamic title in a Report that is linked to a Shared Dataset - it must be in the Shared Dataset itself.

Hi @JRyan

Correctly,glad that you have solved your issue,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.