Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JRyan
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Visual Title - Cannot Select Measure

Hi,

I've created a very simple measure:

TestTitle = "test"

And am trying to use this as a dynamic title for a visual, however when I go to the Conditional Formatting options for the Title, I cannot select ANY measure I've created to use as the title.  I can select any column, but measures are all greyed out.

This should have been possible from April 2019, can anyone else do this?

4 REPLIES 4
PSEJR
Frequent Visitor

Just came across this post in the search for a solution to the same challenge, and after figuring out a solution that does not involve having the measure in the shared dataset, I figured I would share that solution here for anyone else who comes across this.

When creating the measure containing you dynamic title, it defaults to data type Decimal Number:

PSEJR_0-1657701387642.png

With that data type, the measure is greyed out:

PSEJR_1-1657701611732.png

However if the data type of the measure is changed to text, it is then possible to chose it:

PSEJR_2-1657701672870.png

PSEJR_3-1657701700264.png

I have tested it on both a live connection to AAS and PBI, and both works.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JRyan , You created a  test measure. So conditional formatting might have been disabled for that.

Create like

Measure =1 and check.

Any way not very clear what you want to achieve here

Ok seems that I've sorted this out now (with the help of a colleague!)

Looks the Measure you create must be in the same pbix as the Dataset, i.e. you cannot create a Measure to use as a dynamic title in a Report that is linked to a Shared Dataset - it must be in the Shared Dataset itself.

Hi @JRyan

Correctly,glad that you have solved your issue,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.