cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschwanbeck Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Variance - Multiple Slicer Selection

I have a situation in which I am attempting to perform a dynamic variance calculation of year on year revenues based on the selection of two separate slicers (year).  I can calculate the variance with the year as a fixed variable; however, the fact that the different slices are based on the same year field but different values of that field are presenting a challenge when attempting to make it dynamic.

Calculating the revenues isn't a problem as I can isolate the slicers to the cards by which to perform the calculation.  However, I would also like to provide the end user with the ability to choose the years by which to perform a dynamic variance calculation.  

Revenue (Year1) - Revenue(Year2) = Variance

I hope that makes some sense.  

Any help or recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dynamic Variance - Multiple Slicer Selection

Of course.  I ended up creating a duplicate connection to the SQL view that I was using.  By duplicating the data set, I was able to truly differentiate between the data that was being filtered via the multiple slicers. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This challenge has been solved. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aschwanbeck,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved by yourself. Would you please share the solution so that it can benefit more users?

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Of course.  I ended up creating a duplicate connection to the SQL view that I was using.  By duplicating the data set, I was able to truly differentiate between the data that was being filtered via the multiple slicers.