Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vnwakoh

Dynamic/Variable Column Header Names Changing with Slicer

Hello folks,

So I have this query that gives me income per month, as well as columns to show what the last 2 months' income have been. You can see an excerpt of the data below;

PeriodActual Income2 Months AgoA month AgoA Month Ago Name2 Months Ago Name
Jan                      2,000                     1,500                   1,600DecNov
Feb                      2,100                     1,600                   2,000JanDec
Mar                      1,700                     2,000                   2,100FebJan

How can I use the names of the "Ago Months" as column Headers for "2 Months Ago" and "A Month Ago", assuming I decide to use period as a slicer.

I would really appreciate responses.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vnwakoh,

We are not able to change column headers based on selected slicer visual. To work around the issue, we can optimize data below in Query Editor: 

1. Select [A Month Ago Name] and [2 Months Ago Name] columns then click Unpivot Columns.

2. Add a conditional column: 

e2.PNG

Apply changes and back to report, create a matrix visual: 

e3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samanalytiks

Hello  v-qiuyu-msft

People are not in a habit to think win-win situation. A few turns back with the accepted solution. Rests are just to have fun with the resources available.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vnwakoh,

We are not able to change column headers based on selected slicer visual. To work around the issue, we can optimize data below in Query Editor: 

1. Select [A Month Ago Name] and [2 Months Ago Name] columns then click Unpivot Columns.

2. Add a conditional column: 

e2.PNG

Apply changes and back to report, create a matrix visual: 

e3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft

Let me quickly try this out.

Hi @vnwakoh,

Have you tried the workaround in your scenario? Is it working for you? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.