Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteveD2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dynamic Values in Smart Narrative or Text Box visual are not available

Hi,

This issue appeared yesterday (27/7/21), prior to this I was able to add dynamic visuals to text box visuals. The screenshot displays the current result of entering a synonym that would normally display alternatives. The model's linguistic schema is English and I've cleared browser caches. The only thing that I know I changed yesterday was the language settings in Chrome to English (Australian). I have since changed this setting back but, the issue remains.

SteveD2_0-1627424306164.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
ixtension
Regular Visitor

The question is already a few days old, but the answer might be of interest to some:

The problem is Calculation Groups!

Smart Narratives do not (yet) work correctly with calculation groups.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Smart-Narrative-amp-Calculation-Groups-incompatibil...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having this issue. One day my measures are selectable in the dynamic box, other days they don't show up at all. 

For example, "Billed Amount CY" is a measure that exists in my dataset and that up until a few days ago, I was able to use, but now it won't populate that measure in the dynamic value box. However the dialog suggests a lot of weird alternative values that I have zero use for. End result is that now my visualizations are broken.

wowziewoo_0-1672412944562.png

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SteveD2 

Sorry, I can't reproduce your question, please refer to the following links and note the following limitations:

The smart narrative feature doesn't support the following functionality:

• Pinning to a dashboard
  • Using dynamic values and conditional formatting (for example, data bound title)
  • Publish to Web
  • Power BI Report Server
  • On-premises Analysis Services
  • Live Connection to Azure Analysis Services or SQL Server Analysis Services
  • MultiDimensional Analysis Services data sources
  • Key influencers visual with a categorical metric or unsummarized numerical field as 'Analyze' field from a table:
    • that contains more than one primary key
    • without a primary key, and measures or aggregates as 'Explain by' fields
  • Map visual with non-aggregated latitude or longitude
  • Multi-row card with more than three categorical fields
  • Cards with non-numeric measures
  • Tables, matrices, R visuals or Python visuals, custom visuals
  • Summaries of visuals whose columns are grouped by other columns and for visuals that are built on a data group field 
  • Cross-filtering out of a visual
  • Renaming dynamic values or editing automatically generated dynamic values
  • Summaries of visuals that contain on-the-fly calculations like QnA arithmetic, complex measures such as percentage of grand total and measures from extension schemas

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-values-in-text-box/td-p/1889947

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Smart-Narratives-unable-to-save-created-value-text-is-grey-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yalanwu-msft Hi thanks for your response. Unfortunately, it is difficult to replicate, in the team I work with, I'm the only one with the issue. What I would like to identify is why. I've read the solutions posted and they aren't really relevant to the situation I have as the issue is presenting in the Desktop version and the language setting for models is english.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.