Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnnyscottni

Dynamic Treemap - How do I change the view?

Hi

This si the first time I have posted and I am looking to find a solution for a treemap I am working on. I have a treemap made up of 3 sales regions and when I click one of the regions the treemap changes show shaded and non shaded parts withing the total treemap relating to that region. I dont want it to do this. I want it to create a new tremap only for that sales region, with no shaded/non shaded aspects at all. See images below:

Before I click on one region:

After I click on one region:

Any help gratefully received

5 REPLIES 5
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

firstly where are you clicking on the treemap or on another visual?

i think what you might be referring to is the edit interactions behaviour.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-visual-interactions/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

This is exactly what I was loking for, great tip! Thanks!!!

HI thanks for the reply.

After I click on top left corner cluster bar chartAfter I click on top left corner cluster bar chartBefore I click on top left corner cluster bar chartBefore I click on top left corner cluster bar chart

See above the visuals I have before and after lciking on one of the 3 bar chart bars. I dont want to pie segments to shrink smaller within the same segment sizes, rather I want to pie segments to change in size (get bigger smaller) to represent the isolated region i have picked.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi @johnnyscottni,

>>I dont want to pie segments to shrink smaller within the same segment sizes,

The pie segment is not be sharinked, it just shows the corresponding rows filtered by the cluster bar chart. For your pie report, the different show different categories(Wrong Scheduled data, Closed/seasonal letout, illness and so on). For same color area, there is different regions, when you click the bar chart, it shows different sub-parts for same region. 

>>rather I want to pie segments to change in size (get bigger smaller) to represent the isolated region i have picked.

After my test, it hard to represent the isolated region for pie feature. It just highlighted the filtered part as the picture below.

1.PNG

If I change the filed order of column2 and Region, it will show whole sub-sector when you click the cluster bar chart.

2.PNG3.png

Do you mind share your resource table for further analysis if you still have other problems.

Besr Regards,
Angelia

johnnyscottni

Ok so my images didnt load, but hopefully you get the idea....cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.