Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KMcCarthy9
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Top/Bottom N Slicer

I currently have a table that lists vendor name, MTTR Days value, and volume of workorders. I created a parameter for the workorder volume so users can choose to look at vendors who have at least X number of workorders. 

Within this table I would like to also incorporate the use of the Top/Bottom N slicer. For example, user wants to see the 5 vendors with the lowest MTTR Days that have at least 10 workorders.

Without using the parameter slicer, choosing the 5 vendors with the lowest MTTR Days works correctly. However, if I then change the minimum value in the parameter to 10, it removes the vendor with 6 WOs and just shows me 4 results. It should remove the one with 6 but add in the next one with at least 10 workorders - still giving me a result of 5 vendors. 

I have posted a .pbix file here: .pbix 

Thanks in advance!

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KMcCarthy9 , Check the file control variable is filtering on the work order by vendors and slicer seem to responding correctly to it

Hi @amitchandak , I'm sorry I do not understand your reply. Could you elaborate more? The slicer is responding correctly where it gives me only the volume I set the range for, however if I want to see the Top 5 vendors, it shoulde be giving me 5 vendors not 4. Is there a way to do this? I have attached my .pbix file above. 

Thank you. 

@KMcCarthy9 

Why don't use the MTTR days in the bottom 5 filter? Or I missed out some information?

bot 5 MTTR.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-pazhen-msft, the DAX for the MTTR Days Top/bottom measure is: 

MTTR Days Top/Bottom = 

VAR _MTTRDays = AVERAGE(data[Sup Scorecard ETTR Days])
 VAR _All = CALCULATE(COUNTA(data[Sup Scorecard ETTR Days]))

RETURN
 IF(_All > 10,
IF(ISBLANK(_ALL), "N/A",_MTTRDays)
 )

I had it limiting it to at least 10 work orders. However, even after changing that to IF(_All > 0,...) the result does not change. It will give me the Bottom 5, however if I then adjust the paramter slider slicer to limit the volume of work orders it will only give me 4 results and not the 5 it should. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.