Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DanielLinda
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Tooltip

Hello BI experts,

Please give me any advice or tips about dynamic tooltip.

For instance, I have a linear graph and it has tooltip.

Besides, the tooltip should be dynamically changed by X axis.

When user hovers on X axis: "A" then tooltip 1 should be appear, hovers on X axis: "B" then tooltip 2 should be appear.

How can I accomplish to make this report?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DanielLinda I don;t think it is achievable, you cannot create dynamic tooltip page. Why not add this as an idea on ideas forum.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@DanielLinda you can have customized tooltip report pages and that is where you can put your logic (dynamic logic). Here is the link to the doc to get you started. Hope it helps!

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I'm sorrry I missed more elaborate.

I want to embed totally different multiple tooltip pages.

When user select X axis: "A", then tooltip 1 page(with guage graph) appears,

and when user select X axis: "B", then tooltip 2 page(with Donut graph) appears.

Not just field.

Thanks.

@DanielLinda I don;t think it is achievable, you cannot create dynamic tooltip page. Why not add this as an idea on ideas forum.

Thanks, Parry.

I'll suggest on idea forum.

AS of, I still have to find other way instead of it.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.