Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iand66
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Titles

Not sure if this is me (I am only about 1 year into my PBI journey) or if PBI is still a bit buggy sometimes

I have a shape map of US grouped into Sales Regions (Territory)

If I click 'Territory' in the shape map (Legend) - all good. If I click a 'State' in the shape map - also good

DAX measures for 'Selected Metric', 'Selected Territory', 'Selected State' (SELECTEDVALUE) work OK (see image attached)

Territory Title = COMBINEVALUES(" ",[Selected Metric] & " Analysis for",[Selected Territory] & " " & [Selected State]) - OK when displayed on a card. As Shape Map -> Title Text -> Field Value -> Based On -> 'Territory Title' ... does not update

Does anyone have any ideas?

iand66_0-1619376450231.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iand66 ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1619596799607.png

I know where the problem is. When you interact with the shape map, the card will be updated, but the custom title will not be updated.

v-lionel-msft_1-1619596956951.png

You can use the slicer to filter the Territory and State so that the custom title will also be updated.

But the current version(2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021)) is impossible to change the custom title by interacting with the visual. Or you can submit an idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iand66 ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1619596799607.png

I know where the problem is. When you interact with the shape map, the card will be updated, but the custom title will not be updated.

v-lionel-msft_1-1619596956951.png

You can use the slicer to filter the Territory and State so that the custom title will also be updated.

But the current version(2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021)) is impossible to change the custom title by interacting with the visual. Or you can submit an idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lionel, basic idea was that user could click on a state to slice. Workaround by adding a card as page title rather than a text box, so 24pt obvious what they are looking at. Works out OK for matrix, bar chart & line chart, just not for shape map ... OK, I understand shape map is in beta & version 1 of something is never the final version.

Hi @iand66 ,

Yes, your suggestion is very good, so that the idea is realized at least to a certain extent.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @iand66 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your data model.

I am not sure, but I think the Map Visualization is not filtered by the state and territory. So, that is why the map is showing all territories and all states. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Thanks.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Jihwan, selected territory is Southeast & selected state is Florida

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors