Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vauban
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Text tooltip-unable to use scroll while hovering

Hi to all.  I'm using the Feb 2019 version of PBI desktop.

Forgive the dumb question but I have a dynamic tooltip set up on a separate tab that feeds a matrix visual on another tab.  I might be asking for something that doesn't exist and I have to just make a dynamic card to the right of the matrix-I'm a little short on room to add one more visual on this page though.

The dynamic tooltip works and the visual aid pops up on the screen with the right detailed information about whatever item in the matrix.

The part I'm struggling with is that the detailed information is unfortunately very long.The circle indicates a scroll bar I'd want to touch/use.The circle indicates a scroll bar I'd want to touch/use.

I've customized the tooltip visual on the tooltip tab but I don't want to make it too large to render it cumbersome.

Nevertheless, when the detailed info exceeds the size of the hover window scroll bars appear to provide the opportunity to see the rest of the detail.  My screen shot shows one of the scroll bars that I'd want users to be able to use to see the rest of the detail.

However, like most good hover windows, as you move to use those scroll bars the mouse moves over other matrix items and different details show.

Definitely appreciate any thoughts this way and a good weekend to all.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Vauban ,

I've customized the tooltip visual on the tooltip tab but I don't want to make it too large to render it cumbersome.

Nevertheless, when the detailed info exceeds the size of the hover window scroll bars appear to provide the opportunity to see the rest of the detail.  My screen shot shows one of the scroll bars that I'd want users to be able to use to see the rest of the detail.

However, like most good hover windows, as you move to use those scroll bars the mouse moves over other matrix items and different details show.

It's dependent on the text size on the text tooltip. Currently I'm afraid there's no option in text box which can disable the scroll bar. As a workaround, Y=you may set smaller size so that all the details will be shown.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Vauban ,

It's dependent on the text size on the text tooltip. Currently I'm afraid there's no option in text box which can disable the scroll bar. As a workaround, Y=you may set smaller size so that all the details will be shown.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Jimmy.  The unfortunate side is the text length and whatever size I set it to will either be too large and hide the rest of the screen 99% of the time or too small and that 1% that I didn't account for will be cut short.

Going with a card that is engaged when a matrix grid item is chosen....hopefully.  Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.